Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Fireman Ed...Stop Complaining Already!


FIREMAN ED BEING A WHINEY ASS BABY...HERE IS HIS CRY BABY LETTER TO WOODY JOHNSON:

Dear Woody Johnson,

When I fought for the Westside Stadium it was because it was the only option to have our own home. I fought with my heart as a Jets fan against Cablevision and all the naysayers. I fought with my New York City Firefighters Union over this issue. I love my fellow firefighters and give my heart and soul to my job like all those other firefighters do. There are some things I may have done differently. I would like to take back being in front of the firehouse, representing firefighters, I would have rather represented Jets fans on this issue.

What I don’t take back, is the fact that I want the Jets to have their own stadium. I know I made some Jets fans angry about tailgating and other issues in regard to the proposed West Side Stadium. Although those things would be nice to have, the bottom line is having our OWN HOME. That’s what really matters.

With that being said, I was shocked when I and my fellow Jets Fans were blindsided by you by settling for a shared NJ stadium with the Giants. INSTEAD OF KEEPING UP THE FIGHT FOR OUR OWN STADIUM, you threw your cards in, you took your ball and went home.
We need our OWN HOME. To be honest, I don’t care where the Jets stadium is, as long its somewhere in the Metropolitan area where we can get to it. There is no doubt that Queens is the most feasible and likely spot. However, if the organization wants it in Jersey City or next to the Meadowlands, Yonkers, or Aqueduct Racetrack, it doesn’t matter. We will all be there.

This issue CANNOT be about convenience. It cannot be about people saying “As long as it is good for me” - it has to be about the team, about “Our House”, “Our Organization” and “Our Home”. I ask you, Woody, What have you done since you bought this franchise? We started where we are, and we are ending in the same dreaded place! Neither franchise is truly happy.
Why not go on your own and decide your own fate with your OWN HOME? Show that the Jets are a class franchise. PUT UP A DAMN FIGHT, battle until you find your HOME. The fans will wait, we have been waiting and supporting this organization all these years. We can wait as long as it takes, knowing the end result is worth the wait.

The shovels are not yet in the ground. MOVE ON! Make this organization SECOND TO NONE! Show the heart that the Jets fans have, show us that you can deliver, WE‘LL BACK YOU, WE ALREADY HAVE!

Remember what you said the day you bought our beloved franchise? You said Jets fans need their OWN HOME. Look back on that film footage, and look in your heart and do the right thing. Jets fans are depending upon you. KEEP YOUR WORD, WOODY. JETS FANS WANT THEIR OWN STADIUM!

Signed,
Just another loyal JETS fan
Fireman Ed Anzalone

No comments: