Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jets Lay A Rotten Pumpkin








It was Halloween. I had sold my tickets so I can Trick or Treat with my two little daughters with the game being recorded on DVR for a nighttime viewing which I NEVER do but had no choice this past Sunday. Giant fans were loving life as their bye week fell on Halloween so they didn’t have the conflict that was tearing me apart.

I was doing great avoiding the score (or lack of a score) until the 4th quarter until the parent of another child saw me, knowing I was a big Jets fan, and said, “3-0 losing…still plenty of time left.” At that point, I said, “OH NO !” There goes watching the game at night not knowing. I wasn’t gonna watch an entire game until the 4th quarter knowing we were down three. So, now I had to check the score and when I did, it was then a 6-0 deficit.

It was perfect timing as it started to get cold and the girls were done with Halloween. So, I was able to make it back to my couch with around 4 minutes left.

I saw the defense stop the Packers in three straight plays to force a punt. Jets ball.

The first play was an LT run for 5 yards. The 2nd play was a pass to Cotchery that was in his hands at the 50 yard line that he dropped. F**K. Then, it was a sack on the next play by a guy who is in serious need of a haircut. And the final play, Sanchez had no one open and just gave it his best throw but it was incomplete.

The Packers got a gift Field Goal and the game was over.

I’m truly disgusted from only watching 4 minutes of this debacle. Was it rust from coming off the bye week? Were we not prepared? Were we thinking ahead? Or, are we not as good as our record by just barely winning three of the five wins that were already under out belt?

So, instead of wasting three hours, I saw the highlights. I’d much rather barf from a 1 minute highlight reel than watching an entire snooze fest, being shut out at home for the first time since 2006 against a banged up Packer team that has difficulty stopping the run.

I saw Nick Folk missed a field goal. Brad Smith fumbled the ball away. Sanchez had two interceptions. Oh, and we dropped four balls. I’m not sure what the issue was with the interceptions as I now am reading that the calls were disputed so I’m not sure if we got screwed or not but it sounds like we got screwed. The Jets also had seven penalties. Oh, and add in a fake punt from our own 20 which we should have converted but Weatherford stepped out a yard short. Still, I HATE the call so early in the game. It’s too much of a gamble. They should have just punted.

Besides that, I really do not know what happened. Nor do I care to watch as I don’t want to be sick.

No comments: