Friday, November 30, 2007

Mangini Asleep



Eric Mangini unable to stay awake while watching Dolphins film

New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini, try as he might, was unable to get through Miami Dolphins game film yesterday in preparation for the Jets matchup against the Dolphins on Sunday.

“Wow. Bor-ing,” said Mangini. “Easily the slowest-moving, most boring film I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something. My wife likes to watch those awful Jane Austen movies. But those look like Jerry Bruckheimer movies compared to watching the Dolphins.”

Mangini says he dozed on and off for the first hour of the film before giving up and going to bed.

“Even if it had been full of action, it’s not like I couldn’t see what the ending was going to be,” he said. “Short run, short run, incomplete pass, punt. It was the same thing over and over gain – at least as far as I could tell when I was awake. And then at the end, I’m sure there was a loss. Not a big mystery.”

No comments: