Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3-0 Baby !


Another big game was here for the Jets. They were facing the 0-2 desperate Titans who needed a win. The Jets were coming off an emotional win which in the past now meant "Letdown."

However, its a new Era and that "letdown" never happened.

Things were looking great in the 1st quarter taking a quick 14-0 lead on their first two possessions. I loved that they came out in a no-huddle offense to throw the Titans defense a bit off guard.

I hated that we were in Blue and Gold looking like Michigan. Were we watching Gang Green or Big Blue? Who the hell were we playing? Is tihs Michigan vs. North Carolina? I hate these retro uniforms. We are a Green and White team...let's keep it that way.

I loved that our special teams were so aggressive and recovered two muffs by their punt return team. Jason Trusnik had a great game on special teams.

I hated the ENTIRE second quarter where Sanchez (17 for 30, 171 yards) looked lost throwing some horrible balls, fumbling twice, etc.... At least Thomas Jones recovered one of the fumbles.

I hated the penalities. There were two big plays where holding was called expecially on the play where Sanchez was a receiver and caught the ball for a long first down. People please: STOP HOLDING.

I loved Sanchez's run towards the endzone which he thought quick about. I hated that he risked almost blowing out his shoulder trying to get into the endzone instead of sliding for the first down.

I loved that Ben Hartsock caught a TD. Who the hell is Bed Hartsock?

I hated the start of the 3rd quarter where we still looked lost. We only had 3 first downs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

I hated how we blew a 14 point lead and now trailed 17-14.

I loved how Sanchez regained his composure and took advantage of a Titans special teams turnover and throw a TD pass to Cotchery (8 catches for 108 yards).

I loved how the writers said that Cotchery is NOT a #1 receiver and if you look at his numbers, they are pretty damn good. He has 18 catches for 285 yards and a TD in three game.

I hated being nervous again for the entire 4th quarter knowing what was on the line.

I loved David Harris having another great game with an interception and a huge sack.

I loved the defense, even though they finally gave up a few TDs, they held Kerry Collins to 0 yards passing in the 4th quarter including incompletions on his final 13 throws of the game.

Love how the defense is playing and Calvin Pace still has one more game to go before his return.

1. Sanchez's rushing TD was the longest by a Jets quarterback since Richard Todd in 1980.

2. The Jets 3-0 start is only the 4th time in franchise history.

3. Sanchez became the first in history to go 3-0 at the start of season.

No comments: