Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Please Not The Giants !


Watching the Jets for the last 39 years, most of us should know that a good start has lead to heartbreak.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Jets were to have one of those Magical years and make it to the Super Bowl, the last team I'd want to play is the Giants.

And NO, it's not because they scare me.

It's because they've been to 4 and have won 3 of them

In my lifetime, the Jets have been to ZERO.

I would not want to share a Jets Super Bowl day with the Giants.

We've waited too long to share the day with a local team.

I want the backpages to be all NY Jets.

I want the talk radio to be all Gang Green.

I want the TV news to be all about OUR team.

I would be SICK to my stomach to have to share the day that I've been waiting for my entire life with that team I loathe that we share a stadium with.

And, would would ever happen if we were to lose the game to the Giants?

They'd be celebrating their 4th Championship and we'd have our drought extended.

The worst day in my sports life was watching the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl would be 100X worse if it were to ever happen.

Again, 3 wins to start a season does not a Super Bowl make, but if, by chance, we finally have that year we've all been waiting for, PLEASE let it be against any other team than the Giants so we could have our 2 weeks of glory leading up to the game and not have to share it with anyone !

No comments: