Thursday, February 23, 2006

C-Mart: A Class Act !


The Jets and Curtis Martin agreed on a restructured contract that will make it possible for the star running back to stay with the team and continue his quest to be the NFL's All-Time Rushing leader in a few years.

Martin, whose streak of 119 consecutive regular-season starts, and his 1000 yards per year streak ended with a knee injury requiring surgery last season, said he believed he "let our team down" and added, "There are a lot of things more important than money."

"I wanted to resolve the matter quietly and never felt like it had to become an ugly situation," Martin said. "This was not a hard decision because of the belief I have in the leadership of this team and my teammates, and that I have in myself. I have already begun to prepare for the 2006 season and am anxious to get the bad taste that the season left me with."

I hope Chad Pennington can now realize what he MUST do!

No comments: