Friday, February 10, 2006

Terry Bradway Credits Coffee For Moment Of Clarity


Article From: SpoiledSports.net

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Jets general manager Terry Bradway stepped down Tuesday in a surprising move, after having his morning coffee.

"I was sitting in my boxer shorts playing with myself and thinking how great it was to be the Jets general manager," said Bradway. "And then the Cinnamon Dolce Latte hit my lips and I realized the Jets really suck."

Assistant general manager Mike Tannenbaum takes over for Bradway. Bradway will stay with the team as a consultant. It was Tannenbaum who pushed for the Jets to hire Eric Mangini as coach last month, and the two are close friends. It is believed he urged Bradway to make the decision to hire the 35-year-old coach.

"We struggled to get four lousy wins last year, our big-money quarterback is on the shelf, and I just let Herman Edwards go to the Chiefs in exchange for a fourth-round pick", Bradway admitted while finishing his breakfast croissant. "And only one of the players I drafted, linebacker Jonathan Vilma, is a Pro Bowler. And he was an injury substitute. Damn this is good caffeine!"

The Jets scheduled a news conference later Tuesday to discuss the moves. For his first official act, Tannenbaum is reportedly considering banning coffee in the locker room and the upper management offices.

No comments: