Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Football Guy Out, Budget Guy In


I was definitely not a fan of Terry Bradway and thought he did a terrible job as GM but one thing I did like about him was that he is a football guy.

This Tannanbaum guy is a pure salary cap "guru", "capologist", "accountant." He sits at a desk with a massive excel spreadsheet and plays with the numbers to see how he can get everyone to fit.

What does he know about football? What does he know about scouting? What makes Woody think that he can be a General Manager?

I'd be more confortable w/ Mangini as the GM than Mr. T and I don't want an unexperienced Head Coach doing anything more than coaching this year.

This is NOT fantasy football. We NEED a football guy to deal with Free Agency and the NFL Draft. Mike can play with the numbers but our cap is screwed up that I'm not sure how confidant I am in his ability to even manage the cap.

This is a SCARY time for Jets fans. We have a 35 year old unexperienced head coach, a 32 year old unexperienced offensive coordinator, and now will have a an unexperienced GM with NO football background but with good Excel skills.

This is a disaster !

No comments: